Sunday, May 25, 2014

Extra Marital Affairs - No big deal anymore????




I happened to read this article, couple of days back and find it so hard to absorb the fact, that  India standing second highest, in accepting extramarital affairs. India is one country where culture is so rich and everyone seeking high morale grounds. Adultery is still considered as illegal under Section 497. I have seen women going so mad, while husbands hook up with anybody else. It is not just about love or marriage standards, but also in the fear of loosing their future/life, while man being the sole bread winner of the family. I have seen pretty much every Indian , carrying "holier than thou" attitude till this day. Lot of old school people are still alive,  not letting go their own belief and ideology about love marriage (Yes, Still parents find girl/boy for marriage, and there is a huge population ready to get married to complete strangers, just because parents say so!!!) . India being in such a complicated cultural ups and downs, social pressure on moral grounds, strict Indian Penal Codes and  under 'holier than thou' blanket, where does this data come from??? I am so surprised. 

I just want to talk a bit about some hidden dirty truths in my country.

 There are enough open marriages today in India, but the same couple still showcasing "conservative" attitude in front of society. Why is it so? Why is that Indians, cant be just honest on what they do? Whats wrong about it? Why is that most Indians pretend ?

 I would respect people who honestly tell about anything, behind the shadow, rather than folks, who hide it. Because people who are honest do only one mistake, while the 2nd category are in to 2 mistakes , inclusive of their lies. This entire country has got lot of social pressure while everyone got enough dirt in their own back. Why not people just pinpoint others, before checking whats on their back?

Do I have to say more why  few 'special' folks can never earn my respect? :). Anyways i m afraid that writing more on this could lead to any controversy, So let me stop here!



Ref: http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2014/04/21/survey-india-second-most-accepting-of-affairs/?mod=e2fb
Photo: Places most accepting of extramarital affairs, according to a morality survey: 
1. Czech Republic 
2. India 
3. Chile
http://on.wsj.com/1tuUUuh

What do you think about the survey and its findings?

No comments:

Post a Comment