This is a blog which I wanted to publish a while ago.. But now starting again, in COVID break ..
This incident happen couple years ago.
There was one week, which held me very busy , I oddly got any good sleep & was way too tired . On top of that, work demanded more of my energy than a usual.
During one such a week, car servicing fell in calendar, which I realized only when I woke up.
I went to service center , waited for some time in lobby , then handed over my car. Its a good feel to go somewhere else in the morning, other than office..hahah.. Because you see newer faces , smell fresh coffee, interact with positive attitude sales folks, receive a friendlier treatment for no reason , feel the shiny expensive showroom etc etc.. I love this feel ! lol...
Anyways, coming back to main story... I was supposed to be given a loaner car, but that day was way too busy. Hence they offered a drop and pick up service. So I was offered a drop to my office location with other few people. A cheerful driver who looked 60s drove the car. He sounded very happier , having funny conversations with us, cracking many political jokes. Ride was good. I enjoyed it!
For some reasons, my car happened to be in service center for more than 3 days, hence this elderly gentleman is supposed to drive and pick up me remaining days. I also loved the feel of having a driver, since thats only escape from crazy traffic. I get to do something else while on my way to office and back home.
I picked up conversation with him . Very first thing that surprised about him was, he said he is 87 :) . That stirred lot of curiosity , because he might be a man of wisdom for many life questions.
I gently asked him about his current life style, routines etc, since we see most people in 80's are challenged with life routines. He surprised me further more.. He said he lives alone. He wakes up , he makes his own coffee in the morning, he goes to office as a first person before 7 AM , He works for 12 hours /4 days while I just cant imagine myself working all 8 hours in a day. And while I hate traffic and driving, this elderly man is happily doing the same whole day . I was super thrilled. I started liking him more and more.
I also started listening all his younger day stories ..
On day 2 , I was more happier when I woke up , since its a happy feeling to see this happy 87 year old!
But my work schedules remained crazy for the whole week, left me very little time to breathe. 2nd day , he called me around 2 ish and told me that he is going to pick me up 3 ish , and that was as per his supervisor's call. Though that wasnt my schedule, I somehow managed to get out at 4. And good conversations on the way ack home!
The next day morning, he called me 6 :45 AM and asked me to be ready by 7 AM. Though that wasnt my schedule to work, I tried my level best again, since he said he didnt have much choices. It was tough for me, since i didnt get enough sleep again. Anyways, that evening my car was supposed to be given back to me .
The same driver picked me up from work again early like 3 ish, I went to showroom, While waiting , I was striking conversation with service guy who surprised me that 87 year old driver was allocated just for my pickups and drops on my convenience & He was never instructed with any time constraints .. That really surprised me.
The first one is.. I scolded myself for being too kind with him , irrespective of my own hectic schedules. 2nd is .. he lied to me.. not once but many times...
Any ways ... lesson learnt through that 87 year old was.. older poeple get smarter to get their life going! . And if you show kindness, not everyone appreciates that! LOL
Thats my interaction with this cheerful 87 year old, though whom I wanted to learn life 's wisdoms ..hahaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment